Monday 15 February 2016

HELLO

......from the other side

It’s February, and this is my first post of the year, in fact, this is the first thing I’ve posted since October.  There are a few reasons for my silence, some are good, one is unbearably painful; I moved house, I got a new job, but I also lost a friend in very tragic circumstances. I think you can see that I was dealing with a lot at the end of last year. I decided to give myself time to go through these things, to settle into my new house and my new job, and then I would make plans to start blogging again in a more dedicated way. Last year I was a negligent blogger, I think I think I only managed 16 posts for the entire year. I lacked inspiration and confidence, so I decided to take a break from blogging and think about what I want to do with my blog. That break has ended! Today I am ‘relaunching’ this blog, I have posts planned out for the next month or so and I aim to post twice a week.

Why did I pick now to relaunch? Because I’ve just had my birthday, the day I like to relaunch myself each year, and the day I like to set goals for myself, one of these goals is to become a proper blogger.

I looked back to see if I’d written anything on my birthday last year, but, negligent blogger as I was, I didn’t write anything about my birthday in 2015, so I can’t comment on that. Instead of making New Year’s Resolutions for 2016, I have decided to make birthday resolutions for my 27th year. 

Here’s what I want from 27 (I won’t promise that they are madly exciting):

1)  Get healthier by:
-  Doing exercise at the weekend
-  Drinking less during the week
-  Eating more vegetables and fewer meals based on cheese and potatoes

2) Finish a book a week (either audiobook or actual book)

3)  Watch less TV (helps with 1 and 2)

4)  Make some clothes. I keep buying fabric and patterns, but I don’t make them into clothes, 

5) Buy a house – it all went wrong last year but fingers crossed we’ll pull it off this year.

6) GET A CAT. Getting a cat is my main motivation for 5.

7) Wear awesome outfits every day. I saw a thing on Instagram that said something like, remember that every outfit you put on could end up being your ghost uniform. It has stayed with me. I just like wearing outfits that make me feel awesome.

8)Take more pictures. Paul and I hate having our picture taken and as a result, there are hardly any recent pictures of us. I also want to take more pictures of everyone I love.

9) BLOG MORE! I want to get into a proper routine and connect with other bloggers instead of just sending these posts out into nowhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment